Friday, September 23, 2011

As the Adventure Continues

So... As the adventure continues.

This Sunday my wife will start taking birth control pills to regulate this crazy process they call birth. I may not understand all of the steps, but I stand behind them with the vigor only a wife can possess. I can not express how proud I am of her. There have been so many hurdles, so many temptations, to take away from the process that has fallen upon us, but she has handled it all with poise and grace. It can't be easy. I know this, you know this, but some how she remains one of the most put together women I know. Just today.... She has worked 9-11 hour days, all week. Today, she worked a 9 hour day, only to come home, make dinner, and return to work again from 8 PM to 11 PM. I am reminded how amazing she is with every person in that venue who comes up to her with questions outside of her position, and yet she has the answer. I am so happy that this woman is the mother of my future child. No matter what question, or how late the day had been, I have faith that she will find the answer.

As the days count down, and the process gets closer, I think of all of those out there behind us. Those of you who have been routing for us since the beginning. As corney as it is to mention, the drop of Don't Ask Don't Tell has marked another step in the United States of our community to being equals. To being seen as the rest of the country. I can not thank you all enough for following our story, for being our advocates. With out family, we would not have much. Thank you all, and thank you for your support and thoughts along this crazy journey.

Here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment