Monday, July 15, 2013

Surreal

This journey started 2 1/2 years ago. Well, 7 I should say. I have always wanted kids. Amber was a bit slower to see my vision- but all the same we managed to pick our daughters name before we picked rings. A few steps were out of order, but we have never followed a traditional path.

Every thing has some how fallen into place throughout this roller coaster of a journey. I have never claimed to understand the process; or felt as though I needed an explanation. Though there were some nights when my resolve was tested and I asked repeatedly for answers. Each step in our life brought us to where we are now. Along the way I started to believe that I could have achieved a few technical degrees in this process. From injections and identification of medicinal reactions, to ultra sound tech from the sheer quantity of black and white images I have stared at searching for answers. I can now tell you the difference between a sub Q injection and an intramuscular injection. I can look at a needle and tell you what gage it is. None of these skills hold a candle to the strength and resolve Amber has attained. From Amber Working at a company that was destined it seemed for its eventual demise- allowing us to meet the people who made the medical side of our journey a reality (despite there being no reason in the world they should have) to the world teaching a desperately impatient wife the value of every moment we have been given. Amber and I can now find the true significance in any date or sequence of events that make every thing baby "meant to be" and a true miracle. All of it lead us to now.

But- Here we are. Mid July and 20 weeks pregnant, and beyond excited to meet our little girl. Our little girl. It sounds so odd coming from my lips. She is real. Her heart is beating away, her hands and feet constantly reminding my wife she is real. There is a tiny human growing every day. We get to meet her. Finally.
I may not be the most feminine woman in the world, but as I stand and breathe if this little princess wants dresses, tiaras, heels and a tea party- I will be the first in line. I will be her champion on the sidelines as loud and proud as I will be in front of the stage. I will learn to braid hair as quickly as I will teach her what offsides means. My baby girl is on her way, and I am like an impatient child on Christmas Eve to meet our little one. She will be worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment