Thursday, December 1, 2011

Things Are Gettin' Real

I started this blog to share the journey of adding Baby McGuire to our crazy little family.  I wanted to keep everyone informed as to our progress and our process.  I never imagined the posts I've have to write.  The stories I've have to tell and the gratitude I'd end up sharing.  Many of our posts lately have been either heart wrenching or hopeful with a side of pain.  Not anymore. . .

We are on the eve of getting the green light.  To finding out amazing things like what I'm really like on a ridiculous amount of hormones, how bad can one's ass hurt from injections and how much can you still love your spouse for giving them to you.  Today has had a Christmas Eve like anticipation.  I never thought I would be this excited to go to the doctor and drop my pants, get my blood drawn, and get a big fat shot.  That we would lose sleep over the excitement of dropping an large amount of money at the pharmacist although let's not kid ourselves, it feels like a steal considering the obscene amount it was originally.  We are both counting down the minutes at work like one would who is about to leave on vacation but it's not vacation, it's a whirlwind of doctors appointments all mixed up in holiday fever. . .

Things are about to get real people.  I apologize now for any outbursts, yelling, crying or anything else that may engage thanks to a wicked hormone regiment.  Please send Karen your well wishes and beer.  She may need it. . . 

The journey is about to continue and we are ready for all that is next . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment